Thai Steamed Honey MusselsRecipe makes 6 servings
- 5 pounds fresh Honey Mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
In a large stock pot, combine the lime juice, coconut milk, wine, curry paste, garlic and fish sauce.
Stir to dissolve curry paste and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 2 minutes then add Honey Mussels.
Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until Honey Mussels are open, 5 to 8 minutes.
Remove from the heat and discard any unopened mussels.
Pour mussels and liquid into a serving dish and toss with cilantro.
Drunken Honey MusselsRecipe makes 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 cups white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds Honey Mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 slices bread, grilled
- 2 lime wedges for garnish
Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add garlic and let sizzle for about 30 seconds. Season with red pepper flakes and lime zest, stirring for about 45 seconds.
Quickly pour wine into the pan and season with black pepper. Bring sauce to a boil, stir in mussels, and cover immediately. Shake pot and let boil for 1 minute.
Stir mussels, replace cover, and let boil for 2 more minutes. The shells will begin to open. Stir in parsley, cover pot, and cook until all shells are open, 1 to 3 minutes.
Serve with grilled bread and lime wedges.